Thursday, February 26, 2009

Spring is springing!


Okay, perhaps spring isn't here, but it's close enough! My indoor plants are beginning to wake up! I haven't really watered them all winter so they can hybernate. They've been doing fine, but recently they've looked a little droopy. I watered them, and baby shoots came out in all directions!

And today I planted Marcella and Matt's wedding bulbs! I collected four, which will hopefully be donning our front stoop in a month or so.

My next step is to read more on permaculture so I can start my spring garden in the healthiest way. I intend to have a thriving botanical garden in two years. You are my witnesses.

Are you getting the itch to be in the garden and watch God's creation thrive under your care? What are your latest gardening projects?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Yay! Garden tales is back. I have some shoots in my back yard and I'm excited to see what they are. Per your advice, last fall I dug up some lilly bulbs, separated them and replanted them and I think that may be what I'm seeing. My only other project is to plant our Christmas tree, which was potted and desperately needs to be planted. It too has shoots coming out so it must be happy despite being confined in a pot.

Hooray for spring :)

Unknown said...

Anna! Yesterday I bought little flower seeds. I'm so excited to plant them. Zinnias for the beds and marigolds for pots on our porch. I can't wait to see your gardens again!